This year’s contest theme is “Colors of Maple”. The quilt square entries in each category will be displayed during the Festival and visitors will vote for their favorite. The entry with the most votes in each category will receive the “People’s Choice” award at the end of the day. After the Festival, the quilt squares will be made into a quilt and/or decorative items that will be raffled at the 13th Annual Maple Festival in 2018. The raffle proceeds will help with the restoration of Lunenburg’s Old Town Hall, the future home of our museum and site of educational programs and genealogical research.
There are only a few “rules” to follow:
1. Create a 12 ½ inch square quilt block which features the contest theme within the 12 inch square area. (The half-inch provides the seam allowance for the blocks to be sewn into a quilt.) Please, only one block per entrant.
2. Create the block from 100% cotton material
3. Any style, pattern, or technique may be used. (appliqué, patchwork, embroidery, machine or hand stitched, etc.).
4. The entry will be placed in one of two categories: appliqué block or pieced block. The appliqué block category will include entries that use a 12 ½ inch square of material to which something has been added. The pieced block category will include entries that use pieces of material to create a 12 ½ inch square.
5. The completed block is due March 20th.
6. The block along with the owner’s name, age, address and phone number may be mailed to The Town of Lunenburg Historical Society, P.O. Box 195, Lunenburg, Vermont, 05906 or be placed in collection boxes located at Lunenburg’s Alden Balch Memorial Library or the Town Clerk’s Office.
7. All blocks submitted by adult entrants will become the property of The Town of Lunenburg Historical Society. Pieces by youth will be kept by permission only.
If you have questions, please call Chris at 802-892-6654
Have a peek at the quilt made from the 2016 contest entries HERE. It will be raffled at this year's Festival!